Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Waiting is the Hardest Part.....

I do not like waiting. I don't like to wait in line. I don't like the waiting room.. anywhere. Waiting for a phone call makes me crazy. I was even one of those parents that paid to have genetic testing to see if the baby was healthy and what gender at 10 weeks into my last 3 pregnancies.  I have just not been very good at it.
Waiting to hear from God, on the other hand, I am getting better at. With age comes wisdom..right?  I have found that things just turn out better if I take the time to wait for God. 
Taking the time to pray and practice patients pays off. It is still difficult if I leave God out of the equation. But if I invite him in to the circumstance. It changes everything . I hope these verses help you with "waiting " today.


Proverbs 8:34
Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway.

Hebrews 6:15
And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised.

Psalm 40:1
I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.

Romans 8:25
But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment