Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Promises,Promises...................

Mom, I will never do it again...I promise 
Honey, I will be home before dinner..I promise.
Let me do this, just this one time ......I promise.
Sound familiar? Promises these days are a little thin on delivery.
On the other hand, God's promises are unfailing!! Isn't that nice to know.


Deuteronomy 1:11
May the LORD, the God of your fathers, increase you a thousand times and bless you as he has promised!

Deuteronomy 8:1
 Be careful to follow every command I am giving you today, so that you may live and increase and may enter and possess the land that the LORD promised on oath to your forefathers.

Psalm 119:41
May your unfailing love come to me, O LORD, your salvation according to your promise;

Psalm 119:58
I have sought your face with all my heart; be gracious to me according to your promise.

Psalm 145:13
Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The LORD is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made.


 Romans 4:16
Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham's offspring—not only to those who are of the law but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham. He is the father of us all.

 2 Corinthians 1:20
For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God.

Titus 1:2
a faith and knowledge resting on the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time,
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment