Sunday, February 21, 2010

To be Sustained...........

To be sustained by our Lord God. 

I love the idea that God supports me.That he bears the weight of my heavy soul. He keeps me from giving way. That he keeps me going. It is Awesome!!  This is the definition of sustain from the dictionary. I very much like the highlighted parts. 

The Bible repeats this meaning over and over. So I know it is true!!

 sus·tain

–verb (used with object)

1. to support, hold, or bear up from below; bear the weight of, as a structure.
2 .to bear (a burden, charge, etc.).
3. to undergo, experience, or suffer (injury, loss, etc.); endure without giving way or yielding.
4. to keep (a person, the mind, the spirits, etc.) from giving way, as under trial or affliction.
5. to keep up or keep going, as an action or process: to sustain a conversation.

 Psalm 3:5
I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me.

Psalm 51:12
Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

Psalm 55:22
Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.

Psalm 119:116
Sustain me according to your promise, and I will live; do not let my hopes be dashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment